TOOTH HERO TERMS OF SERVICE
Last Updated: [October 13, 2017]
Agreement to Terms
Changes to Terms or Services
We may change or modify these Terms at any time. If we do so, we will inform you by posting the modified Terms on the Site or App or through other communications. It’s important that you review the Terms whenever we modify them, because if you continue to use the Services after we have posted modified Terms on the Site or App, or otherwise communicate them to you, you are agreeing to be bound by the modified Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by the modified Terms, then you may not use the Services anymore. Because our Services evolve over time, we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Services at any time and without notice.
Eligibility and Account Registration
If you want to use the Services, you will have to create an account with us (an “Account”).
It’s important that you provide us with accurate, complete, and up-to-date information for your Account, and you agree to update such information as needed, to keep it accurate, complete, and up-to-date. If you don’t, we might have to suspend or terminate your Account. You agree that you won’t disclose your Account password to anyone and you’ll notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. You’re responsible for all activities that occur under your Account, whether or not you know about them.
Registration by Children
We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) through a verification and consent process. If you are over the age of 13 and register to create an Account through New Realm, we will enable you to access and use the Services. The Parent of any child under the age of 13 must register with New Realm before a child may use the Services. New Realm requires the Parent to verify that he or she is the Parent of the child and to consent to the creation of an Account with us for the child. Upon receipt of both parental verification and consent, we will enable the Parent to create an Account with us for the child.
If a Parent does not consent to a child’s access to and use of the Services or does not verify the Parent’s consent through the consent process, New Realm will bar that child’s registration for an Account, prevent the child’s access to and use of the Services, and ensure that such child’s information is not accessible through the Services. If a Parent has consented to a child’s access to and use of the Services but wishes to rescind such consent, the Parent should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit the request. We will discontinue that child’s access to and use of the Services and ensure that such child’s information is no longer accessible through the Services.
You agree that your use of the App and play of the game is at your own risk, and it is your responsibility to maintain such health, liability, hazard, personal injury, medical, life, and other insurance policies as you deem reasonably necessary for any injuries that you may incur while using the Services. You also agree not to use the App to violate any applicable law, rule, or regulation, and you agree not to encourage or enable any other individual to violate any applicable law, rule, or regulation. To the extent permitted by applicable law, New Realm disclaims all liability related to any property damage, personal injury, or death that may occur during your use of our Services, including any claims based on the violation of any applicable law, rule, or regulation or your alleged negligence or other tort liability.
Rights in App
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, New Realm grants you a limited nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable license to download and install a copy of the App on a mobile device and to run such copy of the App solely for your own personal, noncommercial purposes. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms, you may not: (a) copy, modify, or create derivative works based on the App; (b) distribute, transfer, sublicense, lease, lend, or rent the App to any third party; (c ) reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the App; or (d) make the functionality of the App available to multiple users through any means. New Realm reserves all rights in and to the App not expressly granted to you under these Terms.
Additional Terms for App Store Apps
If you accessed or downloaded the App from the Apple Store, then you agree to use the App only: (a) on an Apple-branded product or device that runs iOS (Apple’s proprietary operating system software); and (b) as permitted by the “Usage Rules” set forth in the Apple Store Terms of Service.
If you accessed or downloaded the App from any app store or distribution platform (like the Apple Store, Google Play, or Amazon Appstore) (each, an “App Provider”), then you acknowledge and agree that:
- These Terms are concluded between you and New Realm, and not with App Provider, and that, as between us and the App Provider, New Realm is solely responsible for the App.
- App Provider has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
- In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify App Provider, and App Provider will refund the purchase price for the App to you (if applicable) and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, App Provider will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. Any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, or expenses attributable to any failure of an App to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of New Realm.
- App Provider is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App or your possession and use of the App, including but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- In the event of any third-party claim that the App or your possession and use of the App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, New Realm will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement, and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by these Terms.
- App Provider and its subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms as related to your license of the App, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Terms, App Provider will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms as related to your license of the App against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
- You must also comply with all applicable third-party terms of service when using the App.
- You agree to comply with all U.S. and foreign export laws and regulations to ensure that neither the App nor any technical data related thereto nor any direct product thereof is exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation of, or used for any purposes prohibited by, such laws and regulations. By using the App, you represent and warrant that: (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
Content and Content Rights
For purposes of these Terms: (a) “Content” means the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials that are posted, generated, provided, or otherwise made available through the Services; and (b) “User Content” means any Content that Account holders (including you) provide to be made available through the Services. Content includes without limitation User Content. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, New Realm grants you a personal, noncommercial, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to download, view, display, and use the Content solely in connection with your permitted use of the Services.
New Realm does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content, and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit your User Content. Subject to the foregoing, New Realm and its licensors exclusively own all right, title, and interest in and to the Services and Content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the Services and Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You agree not to remove, alter, or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark, or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services or Content.
Rights Granted by You
By making any User Content available through Services, you grant to New Realm a nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon, publicly display, publicly perform, and distribute your User Content in connection with operating and providing the Services and Content to you and to other Account holders.
You are solely responsible for all your User Content. You represent and warrant that you own all your User Content, or you have all rights that are necessary to grant us the license rights in your User Content under these Terms. You also represent and warrant that neither your User Content, nor your use and provision of your User Content to be made available through the Services, nor any use of your User Content by New Realm on or through the Services will infringe, misappropriate, or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation. New Realm may reject any submissions in which New Realm believes, in its sole discretion, that the User Content is inappropriate or violates the Trainer Guidelines or these Terms. New Realm further reserves the right to remove any User Content from the Services at any time and without notice and for any reason.
Conduct, General Prohibitions, and New Realm’s Enforcement Rights
You agree that you are responsible for your own conduct and User Content while using the Services, and for any consequences thereof. Please refer to our User Guidelines for information about the kinds of conduct and User Content that are prohibited while using the Services. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Services and Content, you will not:
- defame, abuse, harass, harm, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (including the rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any unlawful, inappropriate, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, offensive, fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive Content or message;
- promote or engage in discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, or harassment against any individual or group;
- trespass, or in any manner attempt to gain or gain access to any property or location where you do not have a right or permission to be;
- violate, or encourage any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability;
- upload, post, or otherwise make available commercial messages or advertisements, pyramid schemes, or other disruptive notices;
- impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with another person or entity;
- promote or provide instructional information about illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- promote or engage in physical harm, violence, or injury against any group or individual;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature;
- submit fake, falsified, misleading, or inappropriate data submissions, edits, or removals;
- post, upload, publish, submit, or transmit any Content that infringes, misappropriates, or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights, or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy;
- use, display, mirror, or frame the Services or any individual element within the Services, New Realm’s name, any New Realm trademark, logo, or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without New Realm’s express written consent;
- access, tamper with, or use nonpublic areas of the Services, New Realm’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of New Realm’s providers;
- attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any New Realm system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by New Realm or any of New Realm’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services or Content;
- attempt to access or search the Services or Content, or download Content from the Services through the use of any technology or means other than those provided by New Realm or other generally available third-party web browsers (including, without limitation, automation software, bots, spiders, crawlers, data-mining tools, or hacks, tools, agents, engines, or devices of any kind);
- extract, scrape, index, copy, or mirror the Services or Content or portions thereof;
- use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a New Realm trademark, logo, URL, or product name without New Realm’s express written consent;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services or Content to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services or Content;
- interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Services or New Realm’s infrastructure;
- delete, obscure, or in any manner alter any attribution, warning, or link that appears in the Services or the Content;
- use the Services or Content, or any portion thereof, for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or in a manner not permitted by these Terms, including but not limited to (a) gathering in App items or resources for sale outside the App, (b) performing services in the App in exchange for payment outside the App, or (c ) sell, resell, rent, or lease the App or your Account;
- collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
- violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
Although we’re not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Services or Content or to review or edit any Content, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure compliance with these Terms, and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any Content, at any time and without notice, including but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider any Content to be objectionable or in violation of these Terms. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects the Services. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
We welcome feedback, comments, and suggestions for improvements to the Services (“Feedback”). You grant to us a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid, royalty free, sublicensable, and transferable license under any and all intellectual property rights that you own or control to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise exploit the Feedback for any purpose.
New Realm respects copyright law and expects its users to do the same. It is New Realm’s policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances Account holders who repeatedly infringe or are believed to be repeatedly infringing the rights of copyright holders. Please see New Realm’s Copyright Policy for further information.
Links to Third Party Websites or Resources
The Services and App may contain links to third-party websites or resources. We provide these links only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products, or services on or available from those websites, or resources or links displayed on such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any third-party websites or resources.
We may terminate your access to and use of the Services, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. You may cancel your Account at any time by accessing the Tooth Hero Help Center, available here. Upon any termination, discontinuation, or cancellation of Services or your Account, the following provisions of these Terms will survive: Content Ownership; Rights Granted by You; Feedback; Disclaimer of Warranties; Indemnity; Limitation of Liability; Dispute Resolution; General Terms; and this sentence of Termination.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE APP AND SERVICES ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEW REALM, EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. New Realm makes no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error -free basis, and we make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness, or reliability of any Content.
YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS RELATING TO YOUR ONLINE OR OFFLINE COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICES AND WITH OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATED OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. NEW REALM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS OF THE SERVICES.
You will indemnify and hold harmless New Realm and our officers, directors, employees, and agents, from and against any claims, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees arising out of or in any way connected with (a) your access to or use of the Services or Content, (b) your User Content, or (c ) your violation of these Terms.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER NEW REALM NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES OR CONTENT WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, OR GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE, OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS, OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR CONTENT, OR FROM ANY COMMUNICATIONS, INTERACTIONS, OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICES OR PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT NEW REALM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF NEW REALM ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR CONTENT EXCEED ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1,000). THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN NEW REALM AND YOU.
These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
Notwithstanding the provisions of the “Changes to Terms or Services” section above, if New Realm changes this “Dispute Resolution” section after the date you first accepted these Terms (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms), you may reject any such change by sending us written notice (including by email to email@example.com) within 30 days of the date such change became effective, as indicated in the “Last Updated” date above or in the date of New Realm’s email to you notifying you of such change. By rejecting any change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any Dispute between you and New Realm in accordance with the provisions of this “Dispute Resolution” section as of the date you first accepted these Terms (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms).
These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between New Realm and you regarding the Services and Content, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between New Realm and you regarding the Services and Content. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible, and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without New Realm’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms without such consent will be null. New Realm may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications provided by New Realm under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be given: (a) via email, or (b) by posting to the Services. For notices made by email, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
New Realm’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of New Realm. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Services, please contact New Realm at firstname.lastname@example.org or New Realm Technology, 12655 W. Jefferson Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90066.